Bangshot Manor


I wrote this smallish adventure if you want to take a look.

 clicky clicky

The germ of this idea started awhile ago. I wanted to write an adventure in a medeivalish setting but with cyberpunk puns, tropes, or themes. Thought it would be funny if players were to hack into the net to progress, but with sharp tools and a rope net instead of computers.

The first version of this dungeon was an ancient underwater pleasure palace or temple with a chained kraken at its heart. The civilization or organization which had captured the kraken was long gone but the creature still lived and its psychic wails filled the dungeon.

I tried to fill it with some fun stuff like decrepit machinery and radical druids but it didn't seem to be coming together. Got too caught up in fitting everything together coherently and the dungeon might have been too big for the one shot I wanted anyway.

I still like some of these ideas but a lot of them weren't included in this second version, which is lighter in tone. I'm reasonably pleased with the current version, but I haven't playtested it yet so who knows if it's actually good. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

grimoire of grimoires

Cybernetic etymology